– SAUNA –
ITS BENEFICIAL EFFECTS
A voyage in well-being, good health and comfort
– Sauna Its beneficial effects –
1 –Sauna Its Beneficial Effects
– Blood Circulation –
During a sauna session the body must tolerate very high temperatures of 70 ° to 100 °.
To adapt to this :
– the heart rate increases
– blood circulation is stimulated and accelerated
– thus the blood circulates better
– and is sharply improved
– the functioning of the cardiovascular system is helped
– blood pressure is kept low
– this fights against cardiovascular problems.
According to a study by The Medical University of Innsbruck and The University of Eastern LaFin, cardiac mortality is reduced by 70 % !
The risk of strokes is diminished by 61 %.
The researchers attribute this to the regulating effect on blood pressure and to the variability of the heart rate.
Doctors call this the reduction of systemic blood pressure.
2 – Sauna Its Beneficial Effects
– The Immune System –
During a sauna session the body is in a state of « artificial fever ».
To adapt to this :
– the immune system is stimulated
– thus white blood cells
– and antibodies are produced
– this boosts the immune defense systems
– and strengthens the immune system
– thus the physical condition becomes stronger.
3 – Detoxification and Metabolism
Due to sweating while in the sauna :
– the entire body perspires
– this permits the evacuation of the toxins accumulated in the body
– thus the body is cleansed
– and disinfected
– and the metabolism is strongly stimulated.
4 – Sauna Its Beneficial Effects
– The Elimination of Impurities –
Sweating is by far the best way to :
– eliminate the accumulation of toxic substances in the body
– i.e. the lungs
– the liver and the kidneys
– also the sub cutaneous adipose tissue
– the body thus eliminates all the poisons which destroy health.
After a physical effort or a harrowing day one feels fatigued because :
– there is an accumulation of toxins in the lymph and blood
– the heat of the sauna relaxes the muscles
– the lactic acid is eliminated
– thus the fatigue disappears.
In intensive sporting efforts, the sweat consists mainly of water and salt.
But the proportions are less in fat.
Lactic acid is a substance produced by the red blood cells, muscle cells and skin cells
as well as by the kidneys when there is a lack of oxygen during intensive muscular efforts.
5 – Sauna Its Beneficial Effects
– Stress and Nervous Tension –
For these, the sauna has a true relaxing effect.
With a regular evening session :
– stress and nervous tension are reduced
– sleep comes quickly
– you have a refreshing night’s sleep
– joint and muscle pain is reduced
– this is due to endorphin production.
6 – Sauna Its Beneficial Effects
– It eases arthritis pains –
The beneficial effects of heat :
– it relieves muscle inflammation and oedema
– it heats up muscle fibres thus reducing muscle spasms
– and it reduces joint stiffness
– thus rheumatism and arthritis pain is relieved.
According to some scientific research the benefits of the sauna for arthritis and rheumatism have been shown to be true and precise.
Inflammation causes pain. Often it is advised to use cold to deaden the pain but without treating it.
Except of course the sauna, which relieves the inflammation !
« The results show a reduction of inflammatory indications in the blood
and pain reduction », says the rheumatologist, Pr Francis Berenbaum.
The heat dilates the blood vessels thus allowing more nutrients
and oxygen to pass to the joints while eliminating the body organ waste products.
Source : « Cardiovascular and Other Health Benefits of Sauna Bathing.
A Review of the Evidence », Mayo Clinics Proceeding. August 2018.
7 – Eases Headaches –
« The sauna eases muscle constriction due to the physical action of heat », explains Pr Francis Berenbaum.
The sauna eases :
– headaches caused by tension at neck level
– this is due to the anti-inflammatory and anti-pain mechanisms mentioned above.
8 – Sauna Its Beneficial Effects
– Good for the Skin –
During a sauna session the skin :
– is highly irrigated
– this brings more oxygen
– and nutrients
– the metabolism works twice as fast
– the skin pores open up which allows deep cleansing
– The gain of a beauty secret : a softer skin which is pure
– bright and firm.
The benefits of the sauna for the skin have been scientifically studied, notably by Dr Paul Dupont, a dermatologist and author of « Relief from Psoriasis ».
He affirms that « psoriasis sufferers sweat very little.
The sauna thus favors the elimination of toxins which habitually cause harm and so reduces local inflammation l’inflammation locale.»
9 – Prevents flus and colds
Regular sauna sessions help to :
– protect against flu epidemics
– throat irritations
– and sinus irritations
During a sauna session you can add a few drops of essential oils to the water in the bucket which is then thrown on the lava stones.
This will add all the benefits of an aromatherapy.
For sinus irritations and coughs, adding a little eucalyptus aroma will help to fight against
these irritations and is very soothing.
>> It’s clear that the sauna has many advantages for good health
and it is essential to participate as often as possible so as to gain physical
and mental well-being.
Thus assuring excellent health at all times !
You will acquire perfect health and an excellent lifestyle.
Here are other relevant articles for you Ladies and Gentlemen
Do not hesitate to consult them :
– Sauna Its Beneficial Effects –