– SAUNA –
A voyage of relaxation and well-being after the effort
– Sauna after sports –
– After a sports session so as to obtain the desired positive effects on the muscles and to become relaxed, one or two sauna sessions a week are recommended.
– Before the first session it is important to drink plenty of water to compensate for water loss during the sporting activity.
1 – Sauna after sports
– A complete recovery –
After an intensive sports session a sauna session is ideal for :
– a complete physical recovery due to :
– the endorphins released which have calming mental effect
– Good humour is increased
– It’s an anti-depressor
– the heat aids muscular relaxation
– sweating eliminates toxins
– this reduces considerably muscle aches
– and pains on the day after
– sleep quality is improved
– everyday performance is improved.
Endorphins are the hormones of well-being which are secreted during physical activity.
They reduce post training muscular pains.
Endorphins are neurotransmitters which are concentrated in the three nervous structures of skul :
– the brain
– the cerebellum
– and the cerebral trunk.
Endorphin receptors are also found in :
– the intestines
– the skin
– in the heart.
2 – Sauna after sports
– The positive effects on the muscles –
After a good sauna session :
– the body benefits from an increased secretion of muscle growth hormone
– muscle elasticity is improved due to the sauna’s high temperature
– the joints become more supple
– toxins and waste products are eliminated from the muscles
– This allows the muscles to relax.
Muscle growth hormone has an anabolisant effect.
This means that it helps muscle muscle growth.
Growth hormones are made naturally in the body from the consumption of zinc and magnesium.
Magnesium helps muscular relaxation and improves refreshing sleep.
It’s during this refreshing sleep period that growth hormone production is increased.
3 – Improvement of physical performance –
After sporting activity, the sauna brings you :
– an improvement of the cardiovascular system
– this is due to the alternation of the hot sauna and cold showers
– this helps vasodilation thus improving the cardiovascular system
– this allows you to go beyond your limits while still staying healthy.
For sportspersons and everybody :
– the increase in blood circulation
– leads to an improved oxygenation of the muscles.
4 – Sauna after sports
– Favours Recovery –
In helping sports injury recovery the sauna has proved itself :
– it stimulates the metabolism
– and increases body temperature
– it helps to reduce pressure
– and heals minor muscular lesions.
Hyperthermia is the rise in body temperature above normal level ( 37° et 37,5° ).
The contrary is hypothermia.
A serious hyperthermia is sunstroke.
5 – Firmer Skin –
The sauna’s benefits for the skin :
– after weight loss
– the elasticity of the skin can cause stretch marks to appear
– these can be reduced and lessened
– the skin is firmed up.
Here are other relevant articles for you Ladies and Gentlemen
Do not hesitate to consult them :
– Sauna after sports –